Hello there! I'm Amanda.
I am a freelance artist and graphic designer currently living in Denver, Colorado.
My philosophy on art and life is: See the world. Create endlessly. Stay wild.
I believe his existence is one big experiment, and my purpose is to experience it fully and encourage others to do the same.
1989 - 2003
- Started being homeschooled after 1st grade + lived on cruise ships
- Set foot on every continent before age 11
- Developed a spirit of adventure, imagination, and fearlessness (thanks, mom!)
2003 - 2012
- Stepped back into reality (public high school, college, day job)
- Got sucked into the white-picket fence/American dream for a hot second
2012 - 2014
- Came to a crossroads — continue on this path, or follow my gut?
- Chose the latter
- Sold everything, packed up car, moved from NJ to SF
2014 - 2015
- Quit my job + began freelancing full-time
- Spent a year in New Zealand
- Began experimenting with abstract art + illustration
2015 - now
about the work
Being self-taught and having no visual art background, I've found much of my inspiration from life experiences — being in constant motion while growing up and spending many days in the wild as an adult.
I have created a small and growing collection of works I call At Wild Woman. These are female figures drawn in detailed line work over an abstract background, which is often inspired by the wild places I love. I aim to capture the feeling of standing on the side of a mountain, by a moody sea, in the open desert, or in any other natural environment.
At Wild Woman portraits began as a illustration project where I digitally laid drawings over photographs. They’ve morphed into abstract works. I enjoy the freedom of expressing the feeling of landscapes, rather than a literal depiction. I am pulled to the female form because I like to think every woman I draw is in some way me, or a future me — strong, independent, resourceful, in-the-moment, brave — and hope other women viewing will see themselves in the works as well.